Sunday, April 20, 2014

The Ranch Kitchen & Sure Champ VitaFerm Collaboration



Wow!  What a whirlwind of a week!  I am so very excited to announce my blog The Ranch Kitchen's collaboration with Sure Champ VitaFerm to advocate agriculture by sharing and creating recipes for their blog and site!

Having been long time customers on our ranch of their feed supplement products, we know first hand the difference it's made in their performance in and out of the show ring.  Sure Champ VitaFerm advocate agriculture first and foremost by supporting numerous junior national shows in many breed associations across our great nation.  They know first hand the undeniable impact that the agricultural way of life instills work ethic and leadership like none other in our youth.

To view their site please go to http://surechamp.com/

What started out as a way to share my recipes with my daughters off at college more than five years ago has now grown into something so much more.  I now proudly have over 115 recipes to date that are my original or handed down from my family, or those shared by friends and family.  My blog has become a way to chronicle our life on the show road and our family love of agriculture and living life to the fullest while we chase after our three daughters Ilissa, Bethany and Audrey! 

I have many people to thank for this opportunity, but most especially my family and extended friends across Texas and USA who have both inspired me and been my biggest supporters. 

Thank you all for following my blog The Ranch Kitchen on Blogger, Pinterest, Facebook and Twitter, and for trying my recipes, reading my post and most especially to Sure Champ VitaFerm for your confidence and support.  You never know how life will turn out, and this new collaboration is one both my family and I are very excited about! 

Here's to some new recipes and things to come!

 



Sure Winner Strawberry Salad

 
 
Spinach or Mixed Salad Greens
2 cups strawberries, hulled and sliced thin
1 cup Sugared Pecans or Praline Pecans
1 cup Feta Cheese crumbles
1 cup Vinaigrette Hazelnut Vinaigrette Salad Dressing (I like to use Raspberry Vinaigrette)
 
Layer a layer of spinach or salad greens in a pretty crystal bowl.  You can use both the spinach with the mixed salad greens if you like.
 
Add 1 cup sliced strawberries, sugared pecans and Feta cheese crumbles.  Repeat layers and serve with a drizzle of Raspberry Hazelnut Vinaigrette! 
 
****This is a fantastic salad to serve in the spring when strawberries are just in season. The combination of the Feta cheese and sugared pecans are a really sweet addition that is favorite in our family.  Most grocery stores now sell sugared pecans and some call them Praline Pecans.  I've even considered breaking up pecan praline candies for this salad if for some reason my grocery store is out of this specialty item. 
 
You could also use a lower sugar content vinaigrette for this salad or a Balsamic salad dressing as another option.
 
Enjoy!
 

 







   

No comments: